The success of your inbound marketing campaigns depends, arguably more than anything else, on building trust. The more customers and prospective customers trust your company—and your brand—the more likely they’ll be to buy your products and services.
The best way to build trust is by creating a credible connection with your target audience, and the best way to do that is with emotion. Consumers don’t always understand the facts and figures you throw at them, but they do understand emotion.
So, how do you evoke an emotional response?
There are many ways to touch the emotions of your audience. You can do it with engaging text or with compelling images—but nothing appeals to emotions more than video.
That’s what Intel found out when they were looking for a new way to sell their microchips—and they were facing an uphill challenge. After all, their product isn’t exactly like a slick new convertible or a sexy home theatre system. In fact, if there’s one product which would seem to defy an emotional appeal, it would probably be computer hardware.
But even Intel found a way to harness the emotional impact of video with their 5-part series, “Meet the Makers.” Instead of focusing on functionality, they focused on impact, showing how Intel users around the globe were able to change lives with microchips. Showcasing users like Shubham Banerjee, a teenager who constructed a braille printer with one of their products, Intel created an indelible emotional connection with their audience, and that helped them dramatically increase sales.
The power of video marketing
Intel’s success with video marketing isn’t an outlier—video has been a game changer for thousands of other businesses. Consider these stats from WordStream, for example:
- Marketers who use video grow revenues about 50% faster than those who don’t
- Social media video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic web traffic from search engine results
- Video on landing pages increases conversions on average by more than 80%
- Welcome emails that include video see an average click-through increase of 96%
How can video marketing benefit your brand?
The reason marketers see these kinds of results is that video has an unparalleled ability to touch people’s emotions. It’s the combination of moving images and sound—in the hands of an experienced professional—that can do what no other marketing approach can for your business. Among the marketing benefits of a sound video marketing strategy are the following 5:
- You’ll increase search engine rankings: One of the factors search engines consider in ranking your website is the amount of time visitors spend there. Video, because it’s more engaging, will increase site visitor times, improving SEO.
- You’ll say more with less: With video, you can convey critical information about your business in less time. Consumers are increasingly impatient and appreciate directness and brevity, which means video will also help you engage prospective customers and build trust.
- You’ll boost ROI: Creating compelling video is less expensive than you might think and has an outstanding return on your marketing investment. In fact, more than 51% of surveyed marketersname video as the content with the strongest ROI (Hubspot).
- You’ll boost awareness of your brand: At its core, your brand is the promise your business makes to customers and prospective customers. It’s an easily understandable statement of who you are and what you believe. Video, because its meaning is so easily and immediately accessible, is arguably the best way to articulate your brand and increase consumer awareness of it.
- You’ll build trust: Because video is able to evoke strong emotions in its target audience, it creates a connection that’s simply not possible with other media. That emotional bond builds the kind of trust you need to engage prospective customers, generate and nurture more qualified leads and close more sales.
Engaging video is a critical component of a comprehensive content marketing strategy, but it’s not the only one. To learn more about the ways our content marketing, digital, social, inbound and video marketing services will help you boost sales and grow your business, contact us today.